Concealed Weapon Permit Class
This 8-hour class meets the training requirement for the South Carolina Concealed Weapons Permit. You must be at least 21 years old to get a South Carolina CWP.
For more information or to sign up for a class, please leave a message on the Contact Us page or call at (803)646-5275.
Our Concealed Weapons Classes are taught at our range in Aiken, SC. The First Aid & CPR classes can be taught at our facility in Aiken or we can come to you.
The cost of the class is $100.
I limit my classes to 12 students to ensure that each receives personal attention.
Anyone that is 18-20 years old may take my course also, now that it is legal for them to possess a handgun in South Carolina.
Those that are under 21 and take the class can use this course to meet the training requirement for a CWP once they turn 21.
SLED requires that you have the training in the last 3 years in order to get a CWP.
Gift certificates are available for you to give the gift of self-defense.
For your tuition, you receive the the following:
- 8 hours of training
- A student manual that contains all of the information covered in the class and copies of the South Carolina laws regarding concealed carry and weapons in general.
- 2 sets of fingerprints rolled
- A copy of your South Carolina driver’s license or ID
- A certificate of training
- During the class, you will have approximately 5 hours of classroom time and 3 hours of range time.
In the classroom, I will cover the following topics:
- Legal issues regarding the use of deadly force
- The South Carolina Concealed Weapons law
- Interaction with law enforcement
- Types of handguns and ammunition
- Types of holsters
At the end of the classroom session, you will take a 50 question test. You will need to score 70% to pass.
I will then roll your fingerprints as SLED requires.
After lunch, we will go to the range and I will cover the following topics:
- Shooting stance
- Basic marksmanship and gun handling
- At the end of the range session, you will shoot the 50-round qualification course. You will need to score 70% on the qualification course to pass. The test is graded on hits inside a human-size silhouette target, not bulls-eye shooting. All of the shooting will be at ranges from 3 to 15 yards.
You will need to bring the following items to the class:
- A handgun (the pistol must hold at least 5 bullets)
- A belt holster or paddle holster
- 50 rounds of ammunition
- Your South Carolina driver’s license or ID card
- Appropriate clothing for the weather
- A cashier’s check or money order for $50 to SLED for the permit application. SLED no longer accepts personal checks. Retired law enforcement officers and disabled veterans are exempt from this fee with proof of their status.
- Tuition of $100. Cash is preferred. Money orders are not accepted for payment of tuition.
We do have handguns available for rental if you do not have a handgun yet. The cost of gun rental is $50. This includes the use of a pistol and holster and 50 rounds of ammunition. Gun rental must be arranged and paid for prior to the class.
SLED requires a background check on all CWP applicants. This includes your driving history and criminal history. If you have any serious criminal convictions, SLED will deny your permit. If you have any questions about this, please contact me.
If your permit is denied due to something in your background that you did not advise me of in advance, your tuition will not be refunded.